Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Blues.....

I'm starting to feel a little bit BLAH!

I'm a fan of all of the seasons for everything each has to offer and the beauty they bring, but at some point enough is enough...... I love, love, love the Fall due to the scent burnt earth and the rust colors and leaves, I've always been quite partial to the change from hot to cool, that little chill in the air and Halloween.  Summer for the obvious reasons, little dresses, outdoor get togethers, staying light out until almost 9 at night, beaches, NEWPORT!!!!!! Spring is beautiful for the newness of everything, the color, flowers, the eagerness for summer to follow. Then there is good ol' winter, hmmmmmmm.  I do very much enjoy the first snow fall of the season, absolutely beautiful and of course the holidays and family, friends and food.  All in which winter embodies makes my heart smile, until right about NOW!!!!  I'm pretty secure in saying that I'm over the shoveling, rock salt, dirt and gloom.  Over my boys whining because they can't go outside. Over my husband whining because he can't get any of his work done. Over dressing like the kid from "A Christmas Story" so not stylish ( although love my Uggs!).  Seriously I need a pick me up, and that's exactly what I plan to do this weekend!!!!
     I was toying with the idea of a little weekend get away, little romance for myself and the Mr. but wasn't exactly sure of where and how with the boys.  Well after a lot of thought and surfing the internet I decided on a nice evening at The Hotel Viking in Newport!!!!  I found it to be very reasonable and the room looks stunning.  I'm also suprising hubby with massages in the room and want to make reservations at a romantic restaurant but am having a hard time selecting one.  Newport is breath taking any time of the year and to spend "alone" time with my man brings such a smile to may face, it's so very much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment